- German support added by Harry Brueckner is now available in checkdns-current.tar.gz (2005.06.06)
- 0.5 stable version announced (2005.05.03)
- Added Spanish support by Juan de la Fuente Costa at hacktimes.com. He also translated web site to Spanish. (2005.03.03-04)
- checkdns-current.tar.gz the latest source package is available. (2005.03.02)
- First Release, v0.5b. (2005.02.22)
What is CheckDNS
This program is a domain name server analysis and reporting tool. It checks and reports whether a domain name, hosted by your organization, is still in use, and if so, reports whether your name servers are still the delegated name servers of the domain name in question.
Reports are generated both to the console and as HTML output. HTMLs also include information about the MX and WWW records of the domain name.
The tool is expected to be of great use for Internet Service Providers who
are in need of keeping track of lame dns records.
- Bind support.
- DjbDNS support.
- Listing domains; sorted by group and Alphabetical Order.
- Status Statistics.
- Displaying Name Servers, Mail Servers, and Web Server IP.
- Colored display for different domain type.
- Displaying number of domain count.
- Domain's web site link.
- HTML outputs with CSS support.
- Console output same as html outputs. (it is good enough for mailing with cron job..)
- Getting domains from txt file to analysis.
- Multi language support to outputs: Turkish, English, Spanish, German.
Read TODO list for our coming features.
How to Support Project
- Test CheckDNS.
- Inform us, if you are using it.
- Translate CheckDNS web pages or manual to your language
(See download page.)
Thanks to Murat Balaban for code controls and patch.
Thanks to Baris Simsek for his recommendations.
EnderUNIX Team for their invaluable support and friendships.
CheckDNS is an EnderUNIX project
Translator: ATILIM BOY <aboy || enderunix org>